Monday, April 24, 2006

Introduction

I have been lucky enough to have a number of careers. Having to go through some pain each and every time you changed a career, makes you a little bit better (If it doesn't kill you it will make you better). This blog was created to share some thoughts on management, comments on dumb corporations and dumb corporate moves, and how you might be able to improve as a manager or executive.

A little background. I started out as an engineering school graduate (University of Wisconsin), and moved into management training from there. I stayed in management for 13 years, with my final position as Director of Manufacturing Engineering at a Telecommunications company in Silicon Valley.

I then moved into sales, first with IBM and then into various software sales companies.

Then after the shake out of software in 2000, I went into Commercial Real Estate, where I established my own company. Now my staff meetings consist of my dog and I, and he is not too impressed. Essentially, I now have one employee, and he can be stubborn and obstinate at times. But "we" get along nicely....

Through the years I have lived in 7 cities, been in government positions (School Board, City Council), been involved in political campaigns, been to all the training classes (and got the T-Shirt), and have been an observer of some colossal management mistakes (and some successes). Hopefully this little blog might help one or two people avoid a few mistakes, and be a little bit better manager.

If anyone is interested, my web site can be found at www.agencynet.us or www.pointonerealty.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home